Sunday, September 23, 2012

52 for 52 to fight cancer

Day: 1
 - Today I kick of this blog with a little information about what this is actually for. I have been working with Imerman Angels one on one cancer support group for almost 3 years now. I have decided to take on a major project for 2013. What better way to fight cancer than to run 52 races. Each race will be dedicated to someone who is fighting cancer, fought cancer, or who we have lost to cancer. Each raise the goal will be to raise $375. That is the cost to help 1 person fight cancer with this amazing group Imerman Angels. All proceeds will go to benefit this great organization. 
- I decided to start the blog today because it does cost some money to run these races. So for the next few months my goal is to raise as much money as I can through donations, sponsorship, auctioned items, charity events, bar crawls, change drives, etc. to help get to each race. The list of races will start to form as donations come in. I will then be able to see what races I can afford. Through out 2013, I will be focused on training, running each race, and raising the $375 per race to help fight cancer. Together we can beat this.
- The main message I want to send out with 52 for 52 is to simply get people connected and aware of Imerman Angels and to know that they are not alone in the fight. 
- Over the next year, I will be updating this blog with every detail I can. From money raised, to race experience, to stories from anyone who wants to share what they have gone through, to pics of everything that we are fighting for. I want to make this a blog not just for me but for everyone to share. I am going to try  and update this everyday if I can. Links with all the details will follow. This is just the beginning stages. If you have any tips for me please feel free to drop me a line. Thank you everyone for all your support. Please Please Please pass this on to everyone you know. This is the biggest thing I will have ever done in my life so  I really need everyone's help to make this a success.

Link to paypal to donate to races:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=PBKMUXWWPUUNU&lc=US&item_name=52%20for%2052&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

1 comment:

  1. I love you Brant - you've changed many lives.
    ~your brother Brad

    ReplyDelete